In the application management screen each system has a variety of menus available to filter applicants by specific data points. These filters differ from district to district but contain data points like application status, program applying to, grade applying to and more. If the filters in the main application management screen are not sufficient for a specific search administrators have the ability to filter by additional fields in the system
*Please note that all systems do not include this functionality.
In the top right of the application management area there is a button for "Additional Filters."
By clicking the “Additional Filters” tab the admin will be presented with a lightbox with the ability to add a new filter.
Upon clicking the “Add Additional Filter” button in the lightbox, administrators will be presented with the option to select a variety of data points in the system to filter by. Please note that it is important to have a working knowledge of the layout and set up of your applications forms to ensure that you are familiar with data field names and record locations. These filters can be used based on the following:
Record - Depending on features used, there may be more or less records available based on the configuration of your system.
Students - This record will hold most of the student demographic information like name, dob, gender etc.
Applications - This record will hold program specific information, like details on recommendations, eligibility status by program and more.
Parents - This record will hold information relevant to the parent account, like parent name, parent account ID and email address.
Programs - This record will hold information relevant to the program that the student is applying to, like program name, ID etc.
Lottery Rankings - This record will hold information specific to placement details for each choice, accept/decline details and more.
Flags - This record will hold information specific to application flags and reasonings.
- Siblings - This record will hold information specific to sibling information entered into the application and more.
Form Process - Depending on the form processes used, there may be more or less options available based on the configuration of your system. The options in this drop down will correlate directly to the Form Processes in the SETTINGS area under MANAGE FORMS.
Field Name - This drop down will showcase all fields that are in the RECORD and FORM PROCESS selected in the previous 2 drop downs.
Filter By - This drop down allows you to enter the value (or values) of this field that you would like to filter this list by.
- Select from existing values - This will most likely be the widest used option as it will showcase the existing values in the selected field removing the guess work.
- Date Range- This will allow you to use date range menus to filter for fields like submit date etc.
- Grades - This will allow you to select from grade levels accepted when filtering by grade specific fields.
- Programs - This will allow you to select from a program list when filtering by program specific fields.
- Schools - This will allow you to select from a school list when filtering by school specific fields.
- Cities - This will allow you to select from a city list when filtering by city specific fields.
For example if you wanted to create a filter in your report to showcase only male students you would want to filter by Student Record>gender>male.
To use the filter selected in the above step, you will click the "Save Filter" button in the lightbox and the filter will be used until it is removed from your search criteria by clicking the "Remove" button shown below.