The Scheduling Module is an optional Pro Feature that allows you to create and manage appointments and offer applicants the ability to schedule appointments during their application and registration form processes. This module is optional and would have been added as part of your original project or a maintenance project based on your needs. If you do not have the scheduling module and would like more information about adding this to your system, please contact your account manager.
Settings Up Appointment Types
To set up appointment types you must first click into the Scheduling Module in the main top menu of your administrative area of your system. Once within the Scheduling Module you will click the Manage Appointments button on the top right of the screen.
From here, click on the Add New Appointment button and fill out the following:
- Appointment Name - Be descriptive in naming your appointments to make it easier to tie these appointments to form steps and programs later.
- Email Notifications To - This is an optional field. You can enter in a single email or multiple email addresses (separated by commas) and the administrator(s) will get an email every time a student schedules this appointment type.
- Timeslots From - When the timeslots will begin and end for this appointment type
- Timeslots Every - Frequency of appointment slots
- Appointment Length
- Single Appointment per Student - If this is checked off, the student will be allowed to only schedule this appointment once no matter how many programs or schools they apply to. This is normally used for things like standardized testing that are specific to the student rather than to the program or school they are applying to.
- Allow Family Scheduling - If this is checked off, the parent will be allowed to only schedule this appointment once no matter how many students are attached to their parent account. This is normally used for family interviews or school tours.
Once your appointment is set up, you can click on the Time Slot button next to the appointment name. From here, you'll be brought to the calendar page where you can select the date from the left and then click the "Add Slot" button for the time frame needed. Once you click the "Add Slot" button, you will be prompted to note how many slots you wish to add for the timeframe selected.
Once the time slots are created, you can add a step to the application so that parents have access to schedule via the application or enrollment form process. You can read more about how to manage and build forms here.
When you add a new step into the form process, you will create the step of the form like any other step with the ability to update the step name, settings, restrictions by program / school and grade level.
Once the form step has been created you will add a form field to the step by clicking on FIELDS to the right of the step name. When adding a field, you will select "Scheduling" in the Field Type dropdown. Once "Scheduling" has been selected you will be prompted to select the appointment type you wish to allow scheduling for within the form step. This drop down will be populated from all appointment types created in the Scheduling Module in the process noted above.
You will select the appointment type you wish to show up in the step of the form and determine if you want a details about the appointment to show up on the parents dashboard. These details include the date and time of the selected appointment and the appointment status (confirmed, rescheduled etc)